Thursday, February 11, 2010

Online! ... and some poetry

I will confess to being in a rather, well, shatty mood. I am tired, my finger hurts (broke the nail off so low it bled), my internet server has been down all week and I am constantly being let down by contractors!

Perhaps AF is round the corner - which would make for a pleasant surprise considering I am sitting on CD50+

I mentioned last time that I had had some poetry published. I will now make a terrible confession - I rarely hang onto them! I try - they are on bits of paper all over the house. See I don't re-write or edit - at least not poetry. When I write poems they are short, quick and raw. I personally think that is half the appeal of them. I generally feel the need to write poetry - when something painful is happening. Smooth editorial polishing, never really does pain justice.

I did manage to find two of them that I had emailed to friends (at their request - I am not in the habbit of badgering people with poetry for the hell of it).



To my Uncreated Child

I hold you close
But only in my dreams

Because dreams are all I have

No waking cries
No sunlit face
Perhaps the world will turn.

Till then my love stay safe
Wherever you may be
Till then I'll wait
Till then I'll dream

Because dreams are all I have.



This next one I wrote the day my BSS Hubby's gran died. She was a tough old lady, who had survived alot of terrible things and took no cr@p from anyone - I love and miss her still


To One Well Loved

Myra died today - stop the world for mourning!
The sun grow dark and sea tides still,
For great a soul is lost.
But the sun still shines and birds still sing
The milk in the fridge still turning.
Silent, uniform, screaming hearts
Shattered with the burden,
Knowing Myra died today - and the world won't stop its turning



Both of these have been published in different anthologies (for the record I retained and still do retain all copywrites for both pieces. I hate having to include things like that cause it makes you seem uptight, but sadly people steal.)

1 comment:

  1. You are very talented. There are times when I read poems and have to re-read a line 'coz I just get kind of "lost".. But yours are so crisp and clear.

    ReplyDelete